How may simultaneous faxes may i send?

Hi sirs,

A client needs to send hundred of faxes in a short time. Faxes will be send over a E1-PRI (30 lines).

My concerns are:

Is Spandsp a good solution to accomplish this? as i read it seems there is a lot of issues with hylafax.

How many faxes may i send simultaneous ( i will like 30)?
Is this job resource intensive?
Can this be done with a desktop with Intel P4 3.2 GHZ processor and 1GB RAM?
is recomended Spandsp on hardware ?

I will apreciate all you recomendations and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi galeras,

How will the fax file be put onto the server?
Will it be an email2fax gateway, or a windows fax printer writing the postscript file to a samba share, or will you have fax machines connected with FXS ports or will it be a click-to-fax from a webpage sort of thing?

I’ve just written some scripts to do faxing that I could test how resource hungry concurrent faxes are. I have a quad span E1 card but need a box to put it in to test it.

In what sort of timeframe do you have to get back to your customer?

[quote]How will the fax file be put onto the server?
Will it be an email2fax gateway, or a windows fax printer writing the postscript file to a samba share, or will you have fax machines connected with FXS ports or will it be a click-to-fax from a webpage sort of thing?
[/quote]

In short: The client needs to send the same fax to a thousand phones in one night and keep the track about the result of the send.

In Detail, what we are planning to do is:

1. Client make the fax document with ms word
  2. In a web page, he upload the document and select from an existing database all phones to send that fax
  3. This will start a background process to send that faxes.
  4. The backgrouud process will do:
    • Convert the doc to tiff (maybe using ghostscript)
    • Send the fax using spandsp through free channels on E1/PRI, at this point, we will try to use all evailable zap channels on E1/PRI which is our main concern (Can this be done?)
    • For each fax will be recorded the result Success or not success
  5. The user prints a report about the result of the process.

[quote]I’ve just written some scripts to do faxing that I could test how resource hungry concurrent faxes are. I have a quad span E1 card but need a box to put it in to test it.
[/quote]

We have the required hardware, if you like to share your scripts with ours, we will be more than happy to conduct the real test and give you back the results.

We have a month to have this up and running.

Sorry for this empty post, it was a duplicate of the previuos one.

Hi galeras,

I am trying to set up a system very similar to yours.
Tried to send 30 simultaneous faxes and about half of them seem to be successful but don’t know if this is a volume issue or not .
Can you tell me if you succeeded and how you managed to get feedback on success or failure ?