How can I install the extra sound packages?

I’m getting this message from the Asterisk console while following the steps from wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … e+IVR+Menu:

WARNING[5560]: file.c:698 ast_openstream_full: File press-1 does not exist in any format WARNING[5560]: file.c:1021 ast_streamfile: Unable to open press-1 (format (gsm)): No such file or directory WARNING[5560]: pbx.c:9940 pbx_builtin_background: ast_streamfile failed on SIP/demo-bob-00000002 for press-1&or&press-2 -- Executing [s@demo-menu:3] WaitExten("SIP/demo-bob-00000002", "") in new stack NOTICE[5560]: channel.c:4205 __ast_read: Dropping incompatible voice frame on SIP/demo-bob-00000002 of format ulaw since our native format has changed to (gsm)

When I checked the directory “/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/”, there were indeed no press-1.gsm nor press-2.gsm. I saw 0.gsm, 1.gsm, 2.gsm under the “digits” directoy, but I’m not sure if it’s relevant.

How can I fix this? Is there a way to install those “extra packages” containing the press-1 and press-2 gsm without building again from source?

I installed Asterisk 10.3.0 from source.

Not looked at 10 but the nomal way now to install the default extra sounds is via menuselect and choose extra sounds.

Which means you must do make install, which will also do a make. Whilst its possible that there is some optimisation in the build system which will prevent a new configuration .h file being generated, the likelihood is that you will have to reverse engineer the build system, if you want to avoid a compile, as most people will take the easy course and simply rebuild.

I ended up re-installing Asterisk from source, backing up sip.conf and extensions.conf before doing so.

I installed asterisk through the yum install package for centos, how would I be able to install extra sounds? Sorry, I’m pretty ignorant, does it place the source somewhere on my machine?

The problem I’ve run into, in downloading and installing from source, is that I’d run into a DADHI error every time, but when I installed from the package it ran just fine.

Just a follow-up. I was able to resolve this because my WHM setup had a convenient ‘rpm installer’ option, and luckily asterisk extra sounds was in there.