I am wondering what the correct setup for a high volume confbridge would be. Our basic setup is a single Asterisk machine with 4 pri lines (=120 channels) and some voip trunks.
my question I guess is two-fold:
- when should I expect to reach the limits of my single machine (dual quad core xeon cpu, 16GB RAM, SAS disks).
I have options to grow:
- bigger CPU’s
- I could extend the machine to the point of supporting up to 2 or more 8 port PRI interfaces 240, 480, or more pri channels. What is the maximum number of PRI cards / ports a single machine can deal with?
- I could add vitually unlimmited voip channels…
When will I hit the wall of not being able to support more hardware or channels on a single machine?
- when I hit this limit, what are my options?
- can I cluster multiple machines to support one big load of channels
- should start doing some smart routing? hosting one conference on one machine and another on the next?
Any advise is much appreciated!