Help with MulticastRTP options

Good morning all,

I’m trying to get multicast working using the “i” option and pass it the IP of the interface I want multicast traffic to flow.
Here is the dial plan I’m using:
exten => 400,1,Dial(MulticastRTP/basic/239.1.1.1:1234//i192.168.50.10)

My asterisk(18.1.1)) installation has two interfaces and when I call extension 400, it sends the traffic to the wrong interface(verified through tcpdump). I can’t find much information or examples about correctly using using the options beyond the “What’s new in Asterisk 14” page and a few other sites that use the same example (which doesn’t includes the use of the extra options).

I’ve tried several things with the “i” option, the name of the interface as well as random garbage(which still works as far as being able to call that extension and see multicast packets on the wrong interface). So this leads me to believe that I don’t know how to use the options.

Thanks a bunch!

Dylan

I totally agree the documentation is sparse. But it seems that standard Asterisk configuration options have a leading character like ‘i’ and ‘c’ but then enclose the actual configuration value in (). So try:

exten => 400,1,Dial(MulticastRTP/basic/239.1.1.1:1234//i(192.168.50.10))

Thanks a bunch!

That is what I was missing!

Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.