Help ! PoE problems with Polycom and Linksys, HELP!

I’ve purchased a few policom 501s and a brand new Linksys SRW224P router with PoE. Now the manual says that these ports are automatic plug and play, however the phones are not powering on when I plug them in. So I need some advise on this if any of you have run into this before.

are you using “full” network cables ? all 8 pins connected. are they connecting directly to the switch or via premises wiring. if the latter, are these fully connected.

i only suggest this 'cos i’ve seen enough shoddy network wiring in my time to make it a possibility.

Try to get in touch with their technical support person or read their guidelines.

Polycom 501’s require a special PoE cable…

~$35

Are the 501s the only one that require this special cable? Cause I’ve got my Astra phones working fine on the switch but the polycoms just refuse to work.

Princem3-

For what ever reason Polycom requires the IP501 and IP301 to have a special PoE cable, the model number is below:

[i]Polycom 2200-11077-002 - 802.3af Power Over Ethernet - Cable for SoundPoint IP300 / IP500

PoE Cable Kit, 802.3af Compliant, for Polycom SoundPoint IP300 and IP500 Phones.

Polycom PoE[/i]

And you are correct the Aastra works great and there is nothing wrong with your linksys PoE switch. The phones just need a special adaptor