I’d like to know how do I enable transcoding on Playback application, let me explain myself:
If I execute Playback(transcode-test) on an alaw channel, and the file exists only .gsm format it won’t play back, it has to be on the same format.
How do I enable transcoding on this situatuon, and make it read on the ‘least cost’ codec conversion?
root@bender:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es# ls /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/transcode-test.gsm
– Attempting call on DAHDI/g11/607415070 for s@asterisk-exchange-context:1 (Retry 1)
– Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
> Channel DAHDI/32-1 was answered.
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:1] NoOp(“DAHDI/32-1”, “s”) in new stack
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:2] While(“DAHDI/32-1”, “1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:3] Playback(“DAHDI/32-1”, “transcode-test”) in new stack
File transcode-test does not exist in any format
Unable to open transcode-test (format 0x8 (alaw)): No such file or directory
ast_streamfile failed on DAHDI/32-1 for transcode-test
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:4] Wait(“DAHDI/32-1”, “10000”) in new stack
(I know the least CPU consuming is to have in the same format)