Help on Playback with transcoding

Hi all!

I’d like to know how do I enable transcoding on Playback application, let me explain myself:
If I execute Playback(transcode-test) on an alaw channel, and the file exists only .gsm format it won’t play back, it has to be on the same format.
How do I enable transcoding on this situatuon, and make it read on the ‘least cost’ codec conversion?

root@bender:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es# ls /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/transcode-test.gsm
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/transcode-test.gsm

– Attempting call on DAHDI/g11/607415070 for s@asterisk-exchange-context:1 (Retry 1)
– Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
> Channel DAHDI/32-1 was answered.
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:1] NoOp(“DAHDI/32-1”, “s”) in new stack
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:2] While(“DAHDI/32-1”, “1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:3] Playback(“DAHDI/32-1”, “transcode-test”) in new stack
File transcode-test does not exist in any format
Unable to open transcode-test (format 0x8 (alaw)): No such file or directory
ast_streamfile failed on DAHDI/32-1 for transcode-test
– Executing [s@asterisk-exchange-context:4] Wait(“DAHDI/32-1”, “10000”) in new stack

(I know the least CPU consuming is to have in the same format)

You have placed the file in es subdirectory.
What is the channel language variable ?
Can You place that file in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds directly and check playback([filename]) ?

I rechecked and you’re right, thanks, my fault, there are several hosts and I change include/asterisk.h
#define DEFAULT_LANGUAGE “en” to es

But i forget in this node so it was an incorrect language code, sorry, I thought it might have changed from the 1.6.1.X

Thansk!