Help: Exception on 117

Hi, we are now running
Trixbox 1.2.3 with Freepbx 2.1.3, Asterisk 1.2.14 (I think), and Zaptel 1.2.12

We have a MAJOR problem. It seems that there will be an error reported in the log.

This error is inserted in the log every fraction of a second, until the log file gets so big that the computer runs VERY slowly. Asterisk can no longer function at this point, b/c there are no resources from the computer.
We have to restart the computer and delete the log files. These log files are GIGABYTES!
The same thing happens if we nano the whole file later-- the logs are just too huge for the computer to handle.

How do we stop this error from occurring? Anyone else had this problem? Is it a bug in Asterisk?

Here’s the log entry from today:

"chan_zap.c: Exception on 117, Channel 105
chan_zap.c: We’re Zap/105-1, not "

This time, the section after “not” was blank.

The only change on the several times it has happened is what comes after the “not.” It oftentimes is different people’s CID names. It is always the same exception numver, same channel number, but with different channels’ CID. Can anyone help?

bump

Today, we were using all our outside phone lines at once. The system started going down every 15 minutes with this same error, created by different phones, as best I can tell. It just starts generating these log entries at a rate of 100,000 every 3 hundredths of a second. The computer just bogs down until it no longer responds.
The log error is Chan_zap.c. Are we dealing with a zaptel driver problem? An Asterisk problem? Any clues would be helpful. I just don’t know how to try to fix it.

a few points :

you need to specify your Asterisk version. we have no idea and you guessing isn’t going to help.

i don’t see your config files ! and the sanitised (* shudders at the thought of a complete Trixbox dialplan *) extensions.conf

a DEBUG log file fragment would be useful too.

ok, found out Asterisk is 1.2.13.
Hardware: 2 Quad T-1s to channelbanks
2 Digium 4-port FXO cards

Please tell me what you want to see from extensions.conf. It is, as you say, large.

Also, I cannot post more helpful logs than I already have. Here’s a clip:

Dec 26 13:48:17 DEBUG[2880] chan_zap.c: Exception on 117, channel 105
Dec 26 13:48:17 WARNING[2880] chan_zap.c: We're Zap/105-1, not "Chatlos Laundry Room" <749>
Dec 26 13:48:17 WARNING[2880] chan_zap.c: We're Zap/105-1, not "Chatlos Laundry Room" <749>

Take this clip, and multiply by hundreds of thousands of repetitions. I cannot find the log clip from the beginning of the error, because the computer freezes when trying to load that much (the log files are 2.4 gig apiece).

Here’s Zapata.conf

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-zaptel
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300		; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
;