I have a strange problem with the voicemail feature.
We are using AVM C4 boards to connect to our legacy PBX.
SIP <-> Capi calls work with good quality and so does the monitoring
of such connections.
A voicemail recorded from an incoming SIP also works fine.
The trouble begins when a CAPI (ZAP?) call is speaking to the voicemail.
Parts of the words spoken are simply missing. Sounds a bit like a too high
We already did the following:
- Check if disks run in DMA-Mode.
- Disable all unused peripherals like serial und parallel io
- Remove all PCI-boards but the C4
- Set the IRQ to 3 or 4 or 7 explicitly via the bios
- Play with the silencethreshold parameter in voicemail.conf and restart asterisk
None of these had any noticable influence on our problem.
Is there maybe a known problem with the voicemail code ?
The System is a 1.8 GHz Athlon with 512MB. The CPU is nearly always 0 in our
testing szenario. We use Asterisk 1.0.7 compiled from source.
I have already posted this in a german forum but got no solution which led to the
IRQ and board switching.
Thanks for any comments.