Hang up if no moh streaming?

Because you said you are playing a GSM file and that is not at all sensible to do unless you have generally set it up to use GSM, and in particular have Allow lines for gsm, in your sip provider definition.

Well, as david551 alluded to; your description sounds like something is configured for a GSM trunk.

Itā€™s this quote right here that makes me think that. As was explained; Asterisk chooses which extension it will play based on what the endpoint or trunk are configured to. Hereā€™s an example configuration for one of my extensions:

[6421]
type=endpoint
context=6421
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,alaw,adpcm,slin
auth=6421
aors=6421
incoming_mwi_mailbox=6421@default
mailboxes=6421@default

In this configuration, Iā€™ve allowed this extension to use ulaw,alaw,adpcm,or slin (pcm). Now my deskphone supports everything as far as I knowā€¦but they negotiate to use ulaw with asterisk. So when Asterisk goes to play a file back to my phone, it automatically looks for the ulaw format.

If yours is ignoring all files except GSM, I can think of three possibilities:

• an endpoint or trunk are insisting on using GSM over ulaw
  • a configuration in asterisk is insisting on using GSM
  • your ulaw files are just incorrectly formatted

.ulaw files are not wav files; itā€™s literally just raw ulaw samples in a file. I donā€™t know how youā€™re creating your ulaw files; itā€™s possible your software is just making ulaw files asterisk canā€™t understand. I canā€™t think of many other reasons why Asterisk would ignore ulaw and use only .gsm files.

But this is also going off on a tangent from your original question; hanging up if MOH isnā€™t streamingā€¦which is not a feature of Asterisk. As I saidā€¦it could be done in theory; but would require some fancy dialplan work with external shell scripts on the server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.