FollowMe feature using the wrong CallerID value

Hi,

I’m using Asterisk 13.12.2 with the FollowMe feature. In the dialplan, I’ve set the CallerID value to a custom one before calling the FollowMe application. However, when the call goes out to my SIP provider, the CID is changed to a generic one.

My Dialplan is:

exten => 11111111,1,Verbose(“Direct Line”)
same => n,Dial(PJSIP/687,10)
same => n,Set(CALLERID(num)=22222222)
same => n,FollowMe(oncallphone,d)
same => n,Hangup()

The followme.conf file has the following:

[oncallphone]
musicclass=>default
context=>staff
number=>33333333,30,1
number=>44444444,30,2

I traced the SIP messages and the INVITE shows as the CallerID, a generic one set somewhere else (ie: 55555555)

Now, if I change the dialplan to not use FollowMe like this:

exten => 11111111,1,Verbose(“Direct Line”)
same => n,Dial(PJSIP/33333333@outgoing_trunk,10)
same => n,Dial(PJSIP/44444444@outgoing_trunk,10)
same => n,Hangup()

I trace the SIP messages and the INVITE correctly sets the CallerID to 22222222

I noticed that there was a similar issue with an older version that was fixed in ASTERISK-17557 but it looks like it’s happening again in version 13 unless I got my configuration wrong.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Have you contacted your carrier to see if you are allowed to send arbitrary caller id’s through them?

Your carrier may restrict what caller-id’s you can send to numbers that you have through them.

See Caller number problem

I have a block of 100 numbers and my carrier allows me to set the CallerID to any number in that range which is what I’m doing (of course, the numbers mentioned before are just examples)

Regardless of this, I traced the SIP messages coming out of the Asterisk server and they are changed there so it’s really not important the carrier side at this stage.

If the call is leaving your PBX with the correct caller ID then it’s usually the carrier not honoring your caller id.

I recommend contacting them and asking for help.

the call is leaving the PBX with the wrong caller ID

Above you said the Caller ID was correctly set?

I took that to mean that the Caller ID had been correctly set to the number you wished?

No, the CallerID is changed by the FollowMe application to a generic one regardless of the:

It should leave the PBX with number 22222222 but instead it leaves with 55555555.