FollowMe 1.8

I have a problem with Followme in asterisk 1.8. Previously, I was using Asterisk 1.4. A call would ring the Deskphone on a Call Manager Express with the correct CallerID. Followme would pick up the call when no one answers after 8 seconds. The users’s mobile phone will ring with the correct CallerID of the caller. Fast Forward, I have upgraded to the Asterisk 1.8.3. The configurations are identical to my Asterisk 1.4 except for some syntax changes from 1.4 to 1.8. Now, a call rings the Desk phone with the correct Caller ID, but now every time the call gets passed to followme, the Caller ID is now “unkown” to the mobile phone.

Here is my dialplan code:

exten => 2952,1,Answer
exten => 2952,2,NoOp(${CALLERID(name)})
exten => 2952,3,NoOP(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 2952,4,Dial(SIP/2952@cme,8,t)
exten => 2952,5,FollowMe(2952)

Lines 2 and 3 give the correct Caller ID. Asterisk passes the caller ID to the CME fine, as the Cisco phones come up with the correct Caller ID. Followme then loses the Caller ID. I have replaced line 5 with a simple Dial command to the mobile phone. The Caller ID successfully passes to the mobile phone.

Any ideas on why followme in Asterisk 1.8 would not be passing the Caller ID within the call? I just installed asterisk 1.8 default on CentOS 5.5 from the yum repository.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Howdy,

That’s bizarre and not correct. :frowning:

If you drop the Dial and roll straight to FollowMe, does it work correctly?

If not, hit us up with an issue report on the tracker:

issues.asterisk.org

Bug guidelines here:

asterisk.org/developers/bug-guidelines

I just dropped the Dial Cmd as you said. The CallerID still comes up as Unknown. I just cannot figure out why this is happening.

thanks,

OK… Here’s a few more bits of info.

I just performed a debug sip to see what was being passed between SIP peers. It turns out when FollowMe is on, sip packet has an Anonymous sip:Anonymous@anonymous.invalid and a contact field of sip:Anonymous@peer

Any ideas on why followme would be using anonymous rather than the real caller ID?

I am about to try the “issues” as Malcom suggested.

thanks,