Flite - * 1.4.18

Hello has nyone used Flite with * 1.4.18? This is a vanilla install set up for testing Flite alone on CentOS 5.1.

I have followed
voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Flite for compiling form source
and
yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/SRPMS/r … 0.5-1.html for an rpm based install.

Both leave me with.

*CLI> core show application Flite
Your application(s) is (are) not registered

[code]

ls -Al /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_flite.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 28354 Mar 11 11:29 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_flite.so[/code]

any help is appreciated.

Jeremy

can yous show as your “modules.conf”

Thanks for the response.

I have not added anything to this file. I was unaware I needed to.

[modules] autoload=yes ; ; Any modules that need to be loaded before the Asterisk core has been ; initialized (just after the logger has been initialized) can be loaded ; using 'preload'. This will frequently be needed if you wish to map all ; module configuration files into Realtime storage, since the Realtime ; driver will need to be loaded before the modules using those configuration ; files are initialized. ; ; An example of loading ODBC support would be: ;preload => res_odbc.so ;preload => res_config_odbc.so ; ; Uncomment the following if you wish to use the Speech Recognition API ;preload => res_speech.so ; ; If you want, load the GTK console right away. ; noload => pbx_gtkconsole.so ;load => pbx_gtkconsole.so ; load => res_musiconhold.so ; ; Load either OSS or ALSA, not both ; By default, load OSS only (automatically) and do not load ALSA ; noload => chan_alsa.so ;noload => chan_oss.so

I did poke in here for a second as I had a suspicion this may be it.

Adding an entry does not help. Any ideas?

Jeremy