Extension.conf problem

I would like to give the caller the possibility to pick up some IVR options while waiting for someone to answer the phone, but I can do either the IVR menu or ringing the called phone, but not both at the same time.

At the moment the best I can do is:

[code]
[this_context]

exten => s,1,SetCIDName(Alt)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/phone100,20)
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,background(custom/greeting)
exten => s,5,background(custom/menu)

exten => 1,1,voicemail(1234)
exten => 1,2,Hangup

exten => t,1,Dial(SIP/phone100,15)
exten => t,2,goto(this_context,s,5)[/code]

this rings, then play some messages and announce the menu (at the moment the possibility to leave a voicemessage) then if the caller don’t do anything ring again and so on

the problem is that while the menu is announced, the called number stop ringing, and when the phone start ringing again it’s not possible to pick up options any more

I would like that the phone keeps ringing till somebody answers or the caller picks an ivr option, and that the caller can pick up the IVR option also while the phone is ringing

is it possible? how?

exten => s,1,SetCIDName(Alt)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/phone100,20)
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,background(custom/greeting)
exten => s,5,background(custom/menu)

exten => 1,1,voicemail(1234)
exten => 1,2,Hangup

exten => t,2,goto(this_context,s,2)

probable this resolves the problem

the other option you have would be to send the called into a queue and have a queue context menu that would allow the caller to exit the queue based on the number they press, otherwise it will ring the call/callers in the queue for the specified time. one drawback to the queue menus are they can only be 1 digit.