[etc] Asterisk Boot Camp Feedback

I was wondering is there any feedback from the people who went to asterisk boot camp?

I personally have not been to a bootcamp session, as they keep having the European ones in the dead of winter in Scandinavia. Brrr.

What I would like to see, is a certified training program online with online certification testing. These are the days of the internet and online training, having to travel far and wide for training is so 20th century.

My two cents.

I second that. In person training usually ends up being more expensive than it really needs to be. Thereby limiting the market, but at the same time keeping demand high for the currently qualified programmers.

KM

Seeing that the training is run by digium… Why cant they put any of the training slides online?

KM

[quote=“kieranmullen”]Seeing that the training is run by digium… Why cant they put any of the training slides online?

KM[/quote]

As I understand Digium does not do the training, but instead the folks behind Astricon. They are missing a giant market opportunity of providing online Asterisk training, I would imagine the demand would dwarf their current ‘live’ training sessions.

Online and accessible training would also go a long ways towards accelerating Asterisk and Digium in the marketplace.

Hmm I thought they ran it. “Asterisk Certification by Digium:”

Oh well. You are right. They are missing out on the revenue.

I have seen less expensive Mcse training with hotel lodging.

Nothing but the training is included in this one…

KM