Entering Feature Codes from cell phone via SIP Trunk

I ran across something today and I want to see if I can do more with it. I use a find-me which forwards to my cellphone. I use a sip trunk purchased from blendedtechnology.com to place and receive inbound calls from the PSTN. When an outside call travels through the find-me and I answer on my cell, I can press ## (# key twice) on my cell phone and it places the outside caller on hold and tells me to enter an extension. When I do it forwards the outside caller to the extension I entered. I have ## mapped to the default feature code of in-call blind transfer. *2 also works like this and is mapped to in-call attended transfer.

This was an exciting discovery and I wondered if there are any other feature codes I could do this with or if it only works for the “in-call” feature codes?

Where is this functionality controlled from, I can’t seem to find any documentation on it anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any insight or tips!

-Eric

You would be surprised at the feature set you can build with Asterisk. For instance I have a couple of quick’n’dirty DISA’s setup so i can make outgoing calls with different outgoing names and numbers. For instance I recieve a call from a friend, whom wants to make an LD call, I can setup an assisted transfer (##) and than stick them with the feature code(e.g. *9) for one of the DISA’s, I could allow them only north american calling(*9 enters into a context that only allows 10-digit dialing). I have a callback setup so I can use asterisk from my cellphone. I can call right into it aswell, but incoming calling is free, So you see the power you can have.

Don’t forget the asterisk(*)symbol means “Anything and Everything” So let your imagination and the rules of the program guide you.