Empty CALLERID (hk)

testing evironment: asterisk 1.6.2.17 + x100p.

PSTN incoming caller ID is empty. How to fix it? Following are my settings. You help is highly appreciated.

chan_dahdi.conf

#include dahdi_channels.conf

dahdi-channels.conf
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
;usecallerid=yes
group=0
context=from-pstn
channel => 1
callerid=
group=
context=default

extensions.conf
[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Verbose(${CALLERID})
exten => s,n,Hangup()

when make an incoming call, asterisk console output is
– Executing [s@from-pstn:1] Answer(“DAHDI/1-1”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [s@from-pstn:2] Verbose(“DAHDI/1-1”, “”) in new stack [color=#FF0000]//caller id is empty[/color]
– Executing [s@from-pstn:3] Hangup(“DAHDI/1-1”, “”) in new stack

By “hk” do you mean “香港”?

What do you have for the start of caller ID and the caller ID signalling methods? Is there a specification document from the PTT, such as sinet.bt.com/227v3p5.pdf (SIN 227) for the UK system?

Hi david,

Thanks for your reply.

By “hk” do you mean “香港”?
right. hk is Hong Kong

What do you have for the start of caller ID and the caller ID signalling methods?
“cidsignalling=v23” and "cidstart=“polarity” are added to /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf file, but the same problem. are the settings wrong?

Is there a specification document from the PTT, such as sinet.bt.com/227v3p5.pdf (SIN 227) for the UK system?
Sorry, I am Newbie of telephony, I can’t understand what you mean. I want to set “loadzone=hk” and “defaultzone=hk” in /etc/dahdi/system.conf, but dahdi reload failed. Now I set it as “loadzone=uk” and “defaultzone=uk”

BTW, I am using pstn fax line, is it the cause of the problem?

Could you give more tips? Thanks a lot.

Different network operators use different ways of signalling caller ID. The SIN 277 document describes how it is done in the United Kingdom. For someone not familiar with the technicalities of how Caller ID is handled in Hong Kong, finding a similar document from the Hong Kong telephone operator would held them to decide which options need setting.

Of course, the X100p has limitations, and may simply not support the caller ID system being used.

According to Wikipedia, Hong Kong uses the same system as the USA, so the default settings should work:

cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring

The X100P can cope with the US system, but probably not with the UK system.

One other possibility: mainland China seems to use a ring cadence with a one second ring, followed by four seconds silence. Although this is shorter than the US two second ring, I’d hope that didn’t cause a problem. However, if Hong Kong actually uses something like the UK ringing cadence, with two short rings, and a delay, Asterisk is likely to try to find the caller ID between the two short rings and may need additional options.

Also, the UK system is designed to complete caller ID before the phone rings, so should never have the call answered before it is complete. I don’t know how Asterisk handles that issue. It is possible that you need to interpose a delay before any attempt to answer the call.