E1 not linking and dahdi issues

So, I have bought an E1 card and I’m trying to make it work but I’m having some problems that i couldn’t figure what is the cause…

First of all, my E1 card doesnt link. The led isn’t green, I mean. Not sure if it’s configuration related. I’m new to all of this…

​I could notice the output of my lsmod |grep dahdi doesnt bring the dahdi_transcode neither the * dahdi_voicebus* it only shows the following:

​dahdi 229376 2 oct612x,wct4xxp
crc_ccitt 16384 1 dahdi

Plus, my output of the dahdi show status command on the CLI shows the following:

Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options LBO

T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 UNCONFI 0 0 0 CAS Unk 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 UNCONFI 0 0 0 CAS Unk 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3 UNCONFI 0 0 0 CAS Unk 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4 UNCONFI 0 0 0 CAS Unk 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Contact the vendor. Note Digium doesn’t support commercial products through the open source community forums.

So you think it’s a hardware issue?

Btw, what you mena by saying “Note Digium doesn’t support commercial products through the open source community forums.” ?

Thanks!

If you buy a Digium product then support goes through the Technical Support resources provided by us, and this community forum is not one of them. That is what David meant.

1 Like

To use an E1 card, you will need to connect the card to an E1, or make a loop back adapteor to test the card.

Once you have either a loop back adapter, or a real E1, you will need to configure the E1 for either master or slave depending on the application.