Dropped Calls

I have a customer setup with the latest Trixbox CE running on a Dell, using TDMP800P Digium cards connected to PSTN. There are 5 analog lines. All the phones are Snom 360 or 320. The dell is Product Description
Dual Core Pentium E2180, 2.0 GHz, 1MB Cache, 800MHz Front Side
Bus for PowerEdge SC440

The problem they are having is that they have dropped calls. Can someone help me on what or where to look for?

Thanks

Please copy and paste the console output or log.

I am using Putty to log in remotely from a Windows command prompt. Is this the right command to execute at the shell after I log in?

asterisk -vvvcn | tee /var/log/asterisk/log

When I logout from the Putty session will Asterisk keep logging?

Also how do I then turn off when I have enough of a file?

Thanks

This is going to sound a but snippy, so I apologize in advance. The forums and mailing list are a great resource for all to learn from each other’s knowledge.

However, there’s a fine line between using these resources while you learn a new skill and expecting others to do your job for you. And a job is what this seems like since you mentioned that you have a “customer” who is having this issue.

If you don’t understand the system, you have no business selling it. You’re doing your customer a great disservice, you’re giving all consultants a bad name and you’re making the Asterisk project look bad - your customer might leave with a bad taste in his mouth about Asterisk, when the fault is entirely yours.

I, along with most others on this forum and others will bend over backwards to help anyone who needs it. But I, for one, will not offer you my consulting services for free so you can then turn around and profit from it.

[quote=“kapil”]This is going to sound a but snippy, so I apologize in advance. The forums and mailing list are a great resource for all to learn from each other’s knowledge.

However, there’s a fine line between using these resources while you learn a new skill and expecting others to do your job for you. And a job is what this seems like since you mentioned that you have a “customer” who is having this issue.

If you don’t understand the system, you have no business selling it. You’re doing your customer a great disservice, you’re giving all consultants a bad name and you’re making the Asterisk project look bad - your customer might leave with a bad taste in his mouth about Asterisk, when the fault is entirely yours.

I, along with most others on this forum and others will bend over backwards to help anyone who needs it. But I, for one, will not offer you my consulting services for free so you can then turn around and profit from it.[/quote]

My customer doesn’t know it’s Asterisk nor does he care. My customer knows that I am not expert with this specifically but we have years of experience with large phone systems. My customer expected issues. It’s in exchange for a price break. So far the system has been quite stable except for the occasional dropped call which I will fix. Sir, don’t worry about your reputation. I believe it will still be intact.

I would appreciate some help from anyone else. Please no flames.

Thanks.

still need an output of the dropped call to try to help

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I will enable the logging Monday morning when things happen and upload.