DPMA issue Using floating IP

Hi, I’m using DPMA 1.3 in a cluster scenario. The issue is if I set the floating IP in the res_digium_phone.conf the Digium Phones can’t be provisioned but if I change the IP for the primary node the phones are provisioned successfully.

Any hints in order to use the floating IP?

Howdy,

Not enough information there to help.

What does your res_digium_phone.conf look like?
What does your actual network look like?

Hi Malcolmd thanks for the reply. This is how it looks:

[code][general]
user_list_auth=disabled
config_auth=disabled
mdns_address=10.200.131.11
mdns_port=5060
service_discovery_enabled=yes
service_name=Ast Server
firmware_package_directory=/var/www/html/digium_phones_firmware
file_directory=/var/lib/asterisk/digium_phones
message_context=dpma_message_context

[network1]
type=network
alias=MyNet
cidr=10.200.131.0/24
registration_address=10.200.131.11
registration_port=5060
file_url_prefix=http://10.200.131.11/digium_phones_files
ntp_server=0.digium.pool.ntp.org
network_vlan_discovery_mode=NONE
network_vlan_qos=112
network_vlan_id=4
sip_dscp=24
rtp_dscp=46
[/code]

If I change the mdns_address and registration_address for the floating IP Digium Phones can’t register. But softphones actually can register to the floating IP address.

A couple of questions…

Is the phone actually on the network block 10.200.131.0/24 ?
Switch it to all zeroes and that’ll tell you if that’s the problem: 0.0.0.0/0

res_digium_phone.so has been reloaded from the Asterisk CLI after some change has been made?

The softphone register occurs directly with a REGISTER. The Digium phone first needs to be able to send a MESSAGE to the right location. If you get a network capture, do you see the MESSAGE packet going to the Asterisk server’s correct IP address?

Yes, it is.

I have tried with cidr=0.0.0.0/0 and doesn’t work.

Yes, I did a “module reload res_digium_phone.so”, when change something.

Yes softphones use direct REGISTER to floating IP address.

Yes, I saw in the cli the Messages using sip set debug on and the output of dpma_message_context. But the Digium phone stuck at “contacting sip proxy”.

And the phone actually has the network applied to the phone, e.g.

[myphone]
type=phone
network=network1

You’re probably going to have to contact the Support folks on this one. And, someone’s going to have a great time labing this up to chase it down.

Thanks malcolmd, yes the phone have the network defined. Ok we are going to contact digium support. I appreciate your help.

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue currently with the HA version of FreePBX.

-Adam

DPMA is not designed to use a floating(not sure if right now that is resolved) IP address, you can try to configure the mdns service to broadcast over that floating IP.