DPMA error in CLI when status changes

Not sure if this actually impacts anything, but I noticed whenever i change a user status on a phone to say DND, I get an error in the CLI, and it seems each status changes adds the same error + the error before.

ERROR[5997]: event.c:327 ast_event_get_ie_pltype: Invalid IE type - ‘58’

So if I change the status once, I get the above output, if I change it 3 times since restarting the core I get the error message 3 times.

ERROR[5997]: event.c:327 ast_event_get_ie_pltype: Invalid IE type - '58’

4th time I change it… you get the picture.

I cant seem to find any documentation on this one except coding about ie_maps but after a while i’m affraid this is going to flood the server

Any thoughts?

We’re getting ready to roll a new DPMA (1.2.1) and a new firmware (1.1.1) release. Wait a spell for those, if you can, retest with them, when they’re available, and then ping us back. We’re addressing some status issues there, that may have some impact on this.

Awesome! Only question remains would be could you point me in the right direction on how to upgrade the module when released?

I noticed in the ReadMe for DPMA there is an option to upgrade once the binary is extracted and the reg_digium_phone.so module is copied to the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules folder by issuing the command

asterisk -rx “module reload reg_digium_phone.so”

Do I first need to request a new license key for the new module when released? Do I need to unload then remove the old module first from the modules folder then copy the new reg_digium_phone.so to the specified location? Or will copying over the old .so with the new file and issuing this reload command load the module correctly?

You would be better doing an unload and load. However, if you want to try updating quickly, you should rename the new over the old. I would expect a copy would be rejected (text busy).

You won’t need a new license key.

Copying the new module on top of the older module, e.g. “cp res_digium_phone.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/,” would be bad - Asterisk will crash. Best to unload the old module, perform the copy, and then load the new module.

Upgraded today to Asterisk 10.9-Digiumphones, as well as DPMA 1.3, and upgraded firmware to the new 1_1_1_0

Still getting the same IE error as mentioned previously when a status is changed

ERROR[3575]: event.c:327 ast_event_get_ie_pltype: Invalid IE type - ‘58’

Howdy,

Okay, please contact the Support department directly.

Hi,

Sorry to barge in on your thread, I was just wondering if you had a resolution to this issue from your contact with Support?

I’ve been getting the same error this morning on 10.10.0-digiumphones running on Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) with a D70 f/w 1_1_1_0_49993 and DPMA 10.0_1.3.0

I’ve not been able to see if this impacts how the status application functions - this is a first deployment of DPMA here.

If you or Malcolm are able to give me any pointers in the right direction and save me bugging support, that’d be most appreciated :smile:

Cheers,

Kev

I don’t remember that one actually coming through our Support department…