Dialplan Dial() help

Hello, I want to call from my SoftPhone (Zoiper) to my cell phone with the help of dialplan.
Here’s my extensions.conf

[outbound-voipms]
exten => _.!,1,NoOp(Entering user defined context from-internal-custom in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => _.!,2,Dial(Local/13034985509@voipms,,D(wwwwwwww${EXTEN}))
exten => _.!,3,Hangup()

my goal it to dial this number → 1 303 498 5509 or if it’s possible, the one I dialed in Zoiper

my sip.conf

[general]
register => username665:password001@amsterdam1.voip.ms:5060

[voipms]
canreinvite=no
context=outbound-voipms
host=amsterdam1.voip.ms
host=dynamic
secret=password001
type=friend
username=username665
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
fromuser=username665
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

Changed the username and password for obvious reasons.

When I dial the number in Zoiper, I get these messages (in CLI)

Packet timed out after 32000ms with no response
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Executing [13034985509@outbound-voipms:1] NoOp("SIP/voipms-0000000b", "Entering user defined context from-internal-custom in extensions_custom.conf") in new stack
    -- Executing [13034985509@outbound-voipms:2] Dial("SIP/voipms-0000000b", "Local/13034985509@voipms,,D(wwwwwwww13034985509)") in new stack
[May 27 14:44:43] NOTICE[2620][C-000003d6]: core_local.c:737 local_call: No such extension/context 13034985509@voipms while calling Local channel
    -- Couldn't call Local/13034985509@voipms
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (0:0/0/0)
    -- Executing [13034985509@outbound-voipms:3] Hangup("SIP/voipms-0000000b", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (outbound-voipms, 13034985509, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/voipms-0000000b'
    -- Executing [h@outbound-voipms:1] NoOp("SIP/voipms-0000000b", "Entering user defined context from-internal-custom in extensions_custom.conf") in new stack
    -- Executing [h@outbound-voipms:2] Dial("SIP/voipms-0000000b", "Local/13034985509@voipms,,D(wwwwwwwwh)") in new stack
    -- Caller hung up before dial.
  == Spawn extension (outbound-voipms, h, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/voipms-0000000b'
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

is there anything I’m missing? Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance

Hello. You have to use SIP, not Local as voipms is your provider

Hello;
You should Chek the context you are using when making outbound calls.
Use your context to make outgoing calls.

That seemed to do something. However I have a new issue now.
When I dial the number I’m trying to call, I instantly get a new incoming call from voipms, which when I answer, starts playing music on both of these calls

You should not be using chan_sip on new systems, it will not exist in the version of Asterisk released later this year.

Using _. is not a good idea, as it matches h, and other special extensions.

You can’t have both.

This is not useful, on its own, and in all cases with an explicit host address.

What does this represent? Why do you need a third party service with explicit DTMF? What is wrong with dialling the cell number directly.

Is it your own number? You appear to be calling yourself, and to listen to both calls on the phone, one has to be on hold, so generating music on hold.

I get the impression is that you are trying things at random, without really understanding them.

Where can I switch to up-to-date alternative?

What should I use? Any random number would work?

This is a phone number +1 (303)-498-5509

It’s my SECOND number, totally air gapped from this environment.

While I followed Home - Asterisk Documentation and the Asterisk docs, I’m kinda lost, that’s true

Asterisk 20 _X.

The replacement for chan_sip is chan_pjsip

I am aware of this fact, however due to the setup being a slightly different than for sip, I decided to learn this first. I am also aware that it should be identical in functions as well, I just couldn’t follow the setup the same way as for chan_sip for the expected results.

Went through the docs, that should’ve been for this topic and even though, none of it appears to work. Matter of fact, everything except for this Dial() function worked just fine, I have a suspicion that it’s caused by incorrect communication with the SIP trunk, which feels weird as it’s registered successfully.

Used reference:
https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Asterisk_SIP https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Contexts%2C+Extensions%2C+and+Priorities
Hello World - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.