Dahdi_genconf & FreeBSD

This tool does not appear to be available in the FreeBSD port?

If this is the case, how does one generate the config files which this tool generates under Linux?

He hasn’t mentioned FreePBX on his post, I think he is using this this OS https://www.freebsd.org

dahdi_genconf will generate /etc/dahdi/system.conf and /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf, but not sure if you can create the files configuration manually and then use dahdi_cfg -v to read systm.conf file and configure the kernel and finally restart the dahdi service

Whoops, I totally misread FreeBSD as FreePBX!

That’s what I get for posting before caffeine.

I’m yet to try creating the conf files, that genconf creates, manually as I await replies here.

However, I suspect that few people run Asterisk on FreeBSD and that perhaps these user do not need/use FXO/FXO ports/cards and therefore DAHDI. However, I then ask why an incomplete DAHDI port for FreeBSD is available…

The FreeBSD port of DAHDi is not part of the DAHDi project itself and was done externally by an outside developer. I do not believe they participate in this forum.

So can dahdi-channels.conf be created manually?

All of the DAHDI configuration files can be created manually, the scripts are merely shortcuts/helpers. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with how to configure DAHDI though but perhaps someone else can chime in.

If you’re building them manually, you’ll create /etc/dahdi/system.conf to represent the kernel-level configuration of the hardware and DAHDI. Then, you’ll edit /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf to represent Asterisk’s use of the hardware through the chan_dahdi channel driver.