Create FXO group

Hi all,

I have a 8port FXO digium card and i’m running asterisk 1.6 with free pbx. My all 8 fxo ports assigned to group=>0. Its ok. So when the call hit group1 DAHDI channel it will connect thru any free port.

But i need one more special thing. Which is i need to create group1 and need to assign port one to group1. But i need to attach that port one to group0 in same time.

How can i do this ? im confused. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thx lot

Can’t we do this with asterisk ?

Your description is confusing. You state that you have all ports in group 0. Then you say when a call comes in it hits group 1 dahdi group. Next you say you need to create a group 1. I suspect that you had a typo and meant that the call comes in hits group 0 dahdi group.

You did state that you have freepbx, so I’m not sure how that will allow you to alter your configuration.

With DAHDI and Asterisk I believe you can put the ports in different groups. I think you can just break your channels up the was you wish for the different group. I dont have a setup available at the moment to test this out…so its speculation on my part. In dahdi-channels.conf…

say if you had:

group=0
context=from-pstn-fax
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-8

make it something like:

[code]group=1
context=from-pstn-special
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1

group=0
context=from-pstn-fax
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-8[/code]

hi mazzic,
Thx for ur reply. You corect i just need to create two groups. And need to assign all 1 to 8 ports to the group one And then same time i need to create group two and assign port 1 and two to group two.

I will try this on my system and let u know the result. Thx again.

Regards,
Sam