CPA documentation for Sangoma Lyra replacement

Hi all,

So Support for Sangoma Lyra is being discontinued apparently and everywhere I’ve read says to use asterisk’s built in CPA feature however the only documentation I can find is for AMD which isn’t really what I’m looking for. I’m trying to get asterisk to listen for a beep on calls, can anyone point me in the direction of the CPA documentation or a better replacement of Lyra?

There’s no application to listen for arbitrary tones or beeps built into Asterisk, AMD itself just looks for gaps in silence and such.

Thanks, I was getting somewhere with this with using Lyra but seeing as it’s being discontinued and all the posts say to use CPA I thought I’d start investigating but can’t find ay real documentation. You wouldn’t happen to know where I can find comprehensive documentation?

Comprehensive documentation of what precisely? The Asterisk wiki[1] has lots of information. If you mean comprehensive documentation of how to replace this CPA product you are referring to, that’s not something we’ve created as it’s not our product.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/

Hi jcolp,

Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that the CPA/AMD service was native to asterisk. Will have to go try and dig around more and possibly just tweak setting on my side to get what I’m after out of the CPA. Appreciate the conversation though