Couldn't set permissions on voicemail text file

Hello,

I use Asterisk on an AWS ec2 instance and connect S3 storage to this ec2 via goofys to store voicemail.
Astersik has all the necessary permissions and writes to S3 all the necessary data (wav and txt).
But for some reason, it has a problem with changing permissions on the TXT file and produces the following:

Recording the message
    -- x=0, open writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1034/tmp/T2QXgB format: wav49, 0x7f26e801dc60
    -- x=1, open writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1034/tmp/T2QXgB format: wav, 0x7f26e8005670
    -- User ended message by pressing #
    -- <PJSIP/kamailio-dev-00000004> Playing 'auth-thankyou.gsm' (language 'en')
[Feb 19 12:10:30] ERROR[173][C-00000003]: app_voicemail.c:7097 leave_voicemail: Couldn't set permissions on voicemail text file /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1034/INBOX/msg0002.txt: Operation not permitted

Has anyone come across this?

… goofys strives for performance first and POSIX second … faked (no per-file permission)

But are the TXT and WAV files there ? Can you open them ? Contents are as you expect ? If so, then you might consider a bug/patch to app_voicemail.c to work around it.

Did you install Asterisk as root, also if you re running Asterisk under a regular user make sure Asterisk own the folder /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/

Yes, both txt and wav files are available and I can read and play them.

Yes, asterisk installed as root. I also tried to change default asterisk user to root in asterisk.conf. No difference.
I can’t change ownership of this folder because I mount s3 to voicemail folder as root.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.