Connecting a Network Camera to Asterisk?

I am a Asterisk newbie. I have a snall Asterisk configuration running in my home.
Now, I have connected a Network camera to my configuration. Like most Cameras, he will send a emailnotification (Alarm)
when motion is detected. I am thinking about a way to pick up this email and then also make a phone Call to my Mobile Phone !?
That means that if I am out travelling, I will receive a call to my mobile from home and then I could make an Internet connection to my camera and view the “situation” at home.

hi,

in the first place, let the camera send notification email to your asterisk box.

then in /etc/aliases, you defne a command to be executed upon receiving the email. eg your-email-address: |your-dialout-script

the dialout-script can simply drop a .callfile in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing to dial your mobile number.

hope it helps.

regards,
derek

Hi !
thanks for trying to help me …
I am running Ubuntu (A newbie even here) and I think that Postfix is installed.
So, I will add a command in aliases, will study the Postfixmanual how to do, right ?
Regards,
Lennart

Here I am again … I have made modifys to aliases :

postmaster: root
lennart.nystrom@gmail.com : “|sh /home/lennart/call”

(my script works fine)

I have tried to integrate gmail in Evolution following some documentation I found but so far it does not work !
I probably have done some major configuration errors.
I run Ubuntu version 10.04

Hi, has anyone found a way of conecting a standard IP network camera into Asterisk as an extension (calling in via sip video phone to see the camera). I have already done this with a Grandstrem SIP camera, however I wondered if there was a way with VLC etc that this could be done with the standard Non Sip IP cameras ?