Connect Asterisk to Unify OpenScape15: Phone rings but no audio connection

I have a computer running both an Asterisk installation and a softphone (Twinkle). In addition, there is a Unify telephone system in the network to which (SIP) telephones are connected. This infrastructure with SIP addresses and IP addresses is illustrated in the following picture.

The configuration for Twinkle and the connection of Asterisk to the Unify system is done in users.conf as follows:

[25]
type = friend
username = 25
fromuser = 25
secret = [password]
host = 192.168.18.18
fromdomain = 192.168.18.18
caninvite = no
canreinvite = no
qualify = yes
encryption = yes
busylevel = 1
subscribecontext = subscribe
ignoresdpversion = yes
allow = all

[1064]
type = peer
username = 1064
secret = [password]
host = dynamic
context = odoo
dtmfmode = auto
directmedia = no
allow = all
transport = udp
busylevel = 1
subscribecontext = subscribe

The corresponding extension is the following

[odoo]
    exten => _X.,1,Verbose("Outgoing - External Number")
    exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=25)
    exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=25)
    exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@25)
    exten => _X.,n,Hangup

The goal is to call the SIP phone from Twinkle and establish a connection. The current situation is that the SIP phone rings when I call it, but as soon as I pick up the SIP phone, the line is immediately dead.
The corresponding log of Asterisk can be viewed HERE.

If I enter the access data for the connection from Asterisk to Unify directly into Twinkle and then call the SIP phone, it works.

If you follow the resulting warning “process_sdp: Failing due to no acceptable offer found” and the “X-Asterisk-HangupCause: Bearer capability not available” from the log on Google, most entries point in the direction of non-matching codecs. So I allowed all codecs for both Twinkle and the Asterisk to Unify connection (see Log/Config) and checked on the SIP phone which codecs are supported here:

Link to image

In my opinion, there’s a match. What am I missing or is the mistake somewhere else? If further configuration files/entries are needed, I would be happy to provide them.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me a hint.

Openscape has rejected the media stream. You will need to investigate from their end…

c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
m=audio 0 RTP/SAVP 0 8 3 108 109 4 111 112 5 10 118 7 18 110 117 119 97 9 102 115 116 107 101

Thanks for your answer! If I connect Twinkle directly to OpenScape I don’t get the error. So I think it’s my Asterisk configuration and not OpenScape. Or do I misunderstand you?

Openscape is rejecting you. Only they can say why. It might be possible to address the problem from either side or none.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.