Conary Update Problem - changeset cannot be applied

System Version is: 2.6.17.11-1.1.x86.i686.cmov #1 Tue Sep 5 23:54:38 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

No longer able to update Asterisk & Gui via conary and receive error as follows running “COMMAND: conary update asterisk-gui asterisk”.
Updates download as normal but update fails with following error:

"Applying update job:
Update asterisk(:data :devel :doc :lib :runtime) (1.4.0-0.3-1[~asterisk.gui ,~asterisk.h323,~asterisk.jabber,~asterisk.libpri,~asterisk.mISDN,~asterisk.odbc ,~asterisk.postgres,~asterisk.zaptel] -> 1.4.1-0.1-2[~asterisk.gui,~asterisk.h32 3,~asterisk.jabber,~asterisk.libpri,~asterisk.mISDN,~asterisk.odbc,~asterisk.pos tgres,~asterisk.zaptel])
Creating database transaction (6 of 6)…changeset cannot be applied:
applying update would cause errors:

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/9.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/5.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/4.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/7.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/1.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/8.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/10.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/2.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/3.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/6.gsm conflicts with a file owned by asterisk-sounds:extra-en-gsm=/asterisk.rpath.org@pk:devel/1.4.3-2-1[]

file contents conflict for /usr/share/asterisk/configs/voicemail.conf"

Have not applied any mods to system to cause the issue and any assistance / advice is appreciated.

I ran into the same problem. I got around it by updating from the command line as follows.

conary update asterisk --resolve --replace-files

the --replace-files does Replace existing files if file conflict found.

I also had a problem however after this update that I couldn’t log back into the GUI, authentication denied error. Make a backup copy of /etc/asterisk/manager.conf before doing the update and then copy it back after, this will keep you existing gui username/password.