Codecs.conf & Codecs bitrate configuration& Calculation

Hello all,

I’m looking around for documentation about how to calculate the codecs bit rate conversion, against my hardware and how to configure the codecs.conf file in asterisk 1.8.7.1.

Dose there any tool, patron or parameter where i can calculate and adjust my codecs bitrate against my hardware?? or how to configure the codecs.conf file??

Regards,

Did you look at asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/Config_codec.html ?

Thanks for your prompt thor,
But this is the example, and my doubt is how should I calculate the appropriate bit rate to use regarding my hardware?’

Regards,

The most commonly used codecs are not configurable with regard to bitrate. If you are using one that is, you should have been aware of that and the rates supported by the equipment, at the time you chose it.

Thanks for your prompt David,
I’m using the must common codecs, it’s just g729,g711u./a.,speex,ilbc and gsm… Where my servers are Intel Xeon E3-1275 (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz), and the Intel Xeon Processor E5630 (12M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI)…

So, no need to specify or modify the codecs.conf file? I just was thinking if it’s necessary to calculate my hardware capacity, and if need to improve something…