Codec Issue (?)

Okay,

I’m having a really odd issue…I am currently using XMPP to receive unsolicited messages, no problem there, I send a message to my asterisk box via xmpp, and it comes it to the dialplan and jumps to a context as I want, however when I try to initial the Dial(SIP/1234@context) it doesn’t work…I get this error:

Executing [s@macro-smsdial:2] Dial(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “SIP/context/1234”) in new stack
[Jan 9 11:29:32] NOTICE[17857][C-00000000]: chan_sip.c:29701 sip_request_call: Asked to get a channel of unsupported format (nothing) while capability is (gsm|ulaw|alaw)
[Jan 9 11:29:32] WARNING[17857][C-00000000]: app_dial.c:2437 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘SIP’ (cause 58 - Bearer capability not available)

What gives? I’ve tried SoftHangUp(Message), it will not go to an h extension of I use Hangup(), as I am thinking the Channel that is “open” is strictly for SMS/XMPP/SIP Messages…

Any ideas would be great!

You can’t connect a text message to a voice channel. You have to use the message sending applications instead.

I understand what MessageSend is…but that’s not what I am asking or looking for. I want to initiate a Dial(SIP/XXX) this shouldn’t be any problem, I am purely using the text to fill a variable for me…that’s what I’m asking for help with…unless you know something about the Message Sending application to run another script or something of the likes…

You cannot Dial without having an incoming voice or video channel. I suspect you really want Originate.

I think this may be the answer!! Thanks, I’ll look into it and try it =)