CLID Changing

Hi All,

I have a strange problem

I have a gateway developed using a customised linphone, which makes 256 addressable single button call points able to be dialed from a SIP server. Linphone connects to a asterisk atcom device.

How it works is like this, the gateway registers itself on ex 6200, user calls 6200, he then uses his keypad to enter the DTMF for the call point he wishes to call, followed by the hash <134# for example>, the gateway heres this DTMF and then connects this call point and all is good

Now if someone presses one of these call point buttons, it causes linphone to dial a predefined extension on the asterisk server, but for that extension, the caller ID always shows 6200 (which is correct as its calling from that extension)

What id like to do, is send some extra data from linphone before it dials the extension, asterisk can then use this data to dynamically change the caller id for ext 6200 so the guy answering the call can see what number call point initiated the call…

so if call point 132 called, then maybe he would get 6200 <CP 132> as his caller id

Is this at all possible? if so, any pointer on how to do it?

Many thanks

Billy

I’m not quite sure I understand what you want. You can change the CallerID parts (name, number, etc) with Set

[mycontext]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(CallerID all is ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)="CP 123")
exten => _X.,n,NoOp(CallerID all is ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/myprovider/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()