Cisco CME SIP-UA

Hello,

I have just upgraded from 1.4 asterisk to 1.8 asterisk. I have been seeing some strange issues between Asterisk 1.8 and Cisco CME. I have the sip-ua enabled on the CME with MWI and Asterisk as a secondary registrar to 10 or so Cisco phones. Here is the Cisco Config:

sip-ua
retry invite 4
retry response 4
retry bye 3
retry cancel 4
retry notify 6
retry register 10
retry options 4
timers notify 100
mwi-server ipv4:10.10.10.251 expires 86400 port 5060 transport udp unsolicited
registrar ipv4:10.10.10.253 expires 3600
registrar ipv4:10.10.10.251 expires 2600 secondary
presence enable

In Asterisk 1.4 this set up worked as the MWI lit up when a voicemail was on the asterisk server and all phones were able to make phone calls. The phones on the CME also registered with the Asterisk server. We used this solution for 2 years and it was rock solid.

In Asterisk 1.8, here is what happens, I bring up the Asterisk server, the Cisco phones register with Asterisk. Calling works fine for 10-15 minutes and then I get a message in the Asterisk server about Cisco SIP-UA IOS 12.X. Immediately after, all phones on the Asterisk cannot receive phone calls and the infamous “all circuits are busy message.” I notice in the call trace that calls are not being placed in the correct context anymore. I restart Asterisk service and everything is fine for another 10-15 minutes until the SIP-UA message appears and then all calling goes to all circuits are busy. At this point I just had to remove the secondary registrar above. Calling goes as normal, but we do not receive MWI lights.

Has anyone run into this before? What debugs could I enable to obtain more information about this?

thanks,