Cingular to Cingular Spoof?

if I spoof a cingular phone number, and call my cingular cellular phone… Will I not be charged on my cingular bill because it will think I am doing a cingular to cingular call?

Thanks,

-Cody

hey,

why don’t you give it a try… just call ur number, then go to cingular’s site and see if they have billed you for that call.

although i’m sure they will since it didn’t actually originate from their network.

let us knwo if it worked :smile:

I would. But the reason I’m asking is the reason I"ll be building the machine. Has anyone done this? Or would someone be willing to spoof a cingular # and call me? I’ll post the results.

I’ll try it - PM me the number

nice, I’ll pm you now… awaiting results…

Not sure what you mean by spoofing but if you are talking about setting an incorrect CallerID, it won’t work.

Yes I was referring to sending an incorrect caller ID. Why will this not work? Seems logical… Cingular says “if call is from a cingular number, then free”.

We tried it today, I get the bill in a week and I’ll know then if it worked.

-Cody

[quote=“codywalker”]Yes I was referring to sending an incorrect caller ID. Why will this not work? Seems logical… Cingular says “if call is from a cingular number, then free”.

We tried it today, I get the bill in a week and I’ll know then if it worked.

-Cody[/quote]

Because network and callerid are 2 different things. Otherwise I could scam the whole planet making them think I’m a local phone.

You might have a singular phone caller id but you don’t use their network.

good point. Doh. Damn I need more minutes in a bad way. I have to talk to Work all day, but fucking cingular and my 900 minutes a month fuck me up. Thought I had a good idea.

Why not look at dropping a ATA at work???

You could use ATA’s to calling for FREE (assuming there are FXO ports open for you to dial into).
You can use some ATA’s in a point to point Batphone type of deal
you pick up the headset and get tone from the PBX place calls.

Many ways to “homebrew” the access to the remote PBX.

Yeah, this won’t work…

What most people don’t know is that the call is followed by LOTS more than just callerID.

You also get:
Time of call start.
Date of call start.
BN- Billing number (May be different from calling number)
CPN- Calling Party Number (CallerID)
Name data- Calling persons name
etc…
etc…

The billing number of the call is what’s used to determine if the call was on or off network. Networks usually insert that information for you. It’s associated with the nearest point of access to the network.

For example, if you have a T1 attached to a PBX, you can send a station’s callerID to the T1, and it would show up on somone’s callerID display. But as the call passes over the T1, the network generates all of the above data, and adds the BN that’s associated with the T1 trunk group.

The BN is what determines the point of origin. Not the callerID.

anyway to spoof that?

No.