CentOS 5

I have a live CentOS 5 server that is currently running all of my websites and etc.

I was wanting to find out if it would be possible to install Asterisk on this server and use it to offer my spoof service.

Thanks,
Anthony

[quote=“Asterisk (PBX) - Wikipedia”]
Originally designed for Linux, Asterisk now also runs on a variety of different operating systems including NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris. A port to Microsoft Windows is known as AsteriskWin32[1].[/quote]

dupe, forums are lagging

Thanks for the reply

I know it will run in Linux, but my question is can I run it on my live production web server or should it be on its own server?

Want to make sure that its not going to interfere with my websites.

depends on how much traffic you plan to put through it and how loaded the webserver is now. VoIP traffic is more sensitive to heavy CPU usage

Ok thanks, my server is powerful enough to handle it, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t cause any type of conflict.

One more question for you, do you know the best way to set Asterisk up to do the spoof service?

Nope, I’m not clear on the terminology “spoof service”. A user calls in to the service, enters a caller id and then an outgoing number?

Yes, thats exactly how I need it to work :smile: