Can't receive calls when in dhcp but fixed IP works fine !?

Hi,
I am trying to change go dhcp a Budgephone 101 which is working fine with a fixed ip. it calls and receives calls fine with the following configuration.

[7701]

type=friend
secret=1234
host=dynamic
defaultip=129.130.xxx.xx
context=softphone
dtmfmode=rfc2883
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

the problems comes because we need to change it to use a dhcp connection from another provider (cable)
it calls but can’t receive calls, which led us to thing the qualify=yes shoud be set, but still not working.
this is what we are testing with:

[7701]

type=friend
secret=1234
host=dynamic
;defaultip=129.130.xxx.xxx
context=softphone
dtmfmode=rfc2883
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
qualify=yes
;allow=g729
nat=yes

any clue?

so now the phone is outside the LAN and before it wasn’t? have you set all the correct NAT settings in sip.conf (specifically localnet & externip)? are you forwading sip and RTP port on the router?

Hi,

the phone has been outside our network all the time,
the only difference is they changed ISP provider, it used to be an ADSL with a fixed public Ip, and now it is a Cable connection with DHCP.

In theory I shouldn’t look into the office’s firewall rules since it worked before, should I? all RTP and SIP paquets appear to enter fine.

I really have not done any localnet and externip configuration, I’ll look into them. Do you think this could be the problem?
these are the parameters we have

externip = 200.9.xx.xx, the fixed ip of our asterisk server
and
localnet = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

I believe my problem shows up when, while changing to DHCP I don’t know the IP of the phone, and then I have to comment out the line ;defaultip=129.130.xxx.xxx . I must me missing something here!!.

I then placed the qualify=yes,
but someone sugested Grandstream Budgetphone 101 does not manage this well, is this true?