Cannot Register on Asterisk-16.12.0

Thank you, jcolp. I am now seeing my sip extensions trying to register. I am getting a 401 error. Says endpoint failed to authenticate. The endpoint has the correct username and password. 2801 username 2801 password.

Thank you,
Dave

Have you confirmed that the endpoint is actually loaded and doesn’t have any issues?

host = dynamic

Is not valid for an endpoint, for example, and would result in it not getting loaded from configuration.

401 is not “failed to authenticate”; it is “please authenticate”. If you don’t get beyond 401, it means that the phone doesn’t know how to authenticate.

Guys,

I am finally connected to the 16.12.0 box. Sort oI I get endpoints with show endpoints and the ip addresses of the endpoints. When nI do show registrations. I get nothing. I cannot call the other extension from my smart phone Bria app. Goes to VM box and does not ring the endpoint.

Dave

I saw when I dialed another endpoint I get a warning saying No channel type registered for SIP. Then another warning Unable to create channel of type SIP cause 66. Channel not implemented.

You are using PJSIP, not SIP.

I just realized that David551. All is working now.

Thank you david551 and jcolp for taking time to straighten me out, Newbies like me must drive you crazy.

So I want you guys to know I appreciate your time and effort.

Dave

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.