Can we TRANSFER a call directly to someones cell phone?

If someone calls the office for the sales manager and he’s on the road, is it possible to transfer the call to his cell phone instead of his desk? And if the naswer is yes, can we call him and tell him who’s on the other line and then transfer the call?

I would assume you can just key whatever is configured as attended transfer then dial the cell number, when the cell answers announce the call and hang up to complete the transfer or key star to cancel and go back to the first call.

You can see the key pattern configured for attended transfer if you look in features.conf, on my own system it is 5 but this is not standard.

I hope this is of some help, others may have a better idea, and usually do, but this is how I would do this.

Mike.

Hi,

I would guess it is no more than configuring the dialplan so that 333 rings his desk phone, and 334 dials the cellphone. Now the receptionist would use one or the other number to put calls through

Musicman

or there is an option if the calls not answered in the office after some seconds to auto transfered to his mobile

Yes, you can definitely transfer any call to any number. Just enter the cell phone number just as you would enter an extension during a regular transfer. I have done this with my Linksys SPA-942, cisco 7960g & 7970g and it works well.

part of the sleath attentant

[who-r-u]
exten => s,1,Background(privacy-unident)
exten => s,2,Background(vm-rec-name)
exten => s,3,Wait(2)
exten => s,4,Record(/tmp/asterisk-stranger:gsm|5|15)
exten => s,5,Background(pls-hold-while-try)
exten => s,6,Goto(ext-park,70,1)
exten => s,7,VoiceMail(4120@default)
exten => s,8,Playback(Goodbye)
exten => s,9,Hangup