Can one verify TDM400P getting power?

I have a brand newTDM21B installed in a Dell Precision 380 Workstation.

I’m curious if there is a way to tell if the FXS modules are getting the power they need?

I’d like to know if power is ok before trying to debug the problem with FXS modules failing. I did plug the power connector to the card.

Using SuSE 10.2, I see “Indirect Registers failed verification” messages along with:

[deleted]
Indirect Registers failed verification.
Module 0: FAILED FXS (FCC)
[deleted]
Indirect Registers failed verification.
Module 1: FAILED FXS (FCC)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (1 modules)

There are also lot of other messages which I’m guessing are the registers that failed.

Before boring everyone with the actual error messages, I want to step back and check some of the basics. The FXO module seems to be ok, so the system looks like it finds the TDM400P and the FXO.

Is there a way to tell if the FXS modules are getting the power they need? Once I know this isn’t causing the problem, I’ll debug it further.

Thanks,
BD

On SuSE 10.2, I’m running:

Asterisk 1.2.13-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1s

On FC5 (same HW using grub) I built from source and get the same problem. I’m using v1.4 (both asterisk and zaptel)

I can’t really help you as I’ve never used the Digium analog cards but I thought my Sangoma FXO modules where not receiving power until I realized the little daughter cards where not properly seated.

I was going to ask Did you connect the 12v Power connection from the power board to the TDM card but after the reading the message a second time that i see that you did. ? The TDM card needs to be connected to that if using FXS ports. Also if you need at the front of the card next to the ports are the green lights on ?

http://www.voipstash.com

I’ll check the green lights when I get in front of the machine later today. But even if they are on, does that indicate sufficient power? My quad Ethernet card has 4 green lights all powered from the PCI bus.

The real issue I have is that, when loaded, the driver reports that register values are not what was expected. As the 1st step in addressing this, I’m trying to rule lack of power out.

Searching, I’ve seen other posts (via google, not this forum), that had similar issues, but in my case the specific registers were different than what others described. So I don’t think I’m seeing the same thing as what others have described (and they posted over 1 year ago.)

Thanks.
BD

have you tried Digium support? is that an option?

Warrentees are your friend :laughing:

I only see 1 green light, for the FXO module. :cry:

I did try re-seating the FXS modules.

I bought this from a reseller. Do I contact them for RMA or Digium directly?

Update:

I had a spare that I bought directly from Digium. I swapped out the new card and put the spare in. Viola, all 3 green lights.

/var/log/messages shows:

Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)

However, I don’t always get this with each boot. Sometimes I need to shutdown and restart. Any thoughts? Before I RMA the other card, I’d like to rule everything out on my end.

Thanks everyone for the help.

BD

As Ghetto as this sounds you can always pull out the ol can of Air and perhaps its a bit dusty down there.

Brand new workstation. It hasn’t had enough time to gather dust :smile:

hey you never know.

The new card is being RMA’ed.

I noticed one thing that others my have thoughts on. This workstation uses GRUB to boot.

Using the card that works, when I boot FreeBSD 6.1 and zaptel is loaded, I see “ProSLIC sanity check failed”. I do not get this message on SuSE 10.2.

Specifically:

Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
ProSLIC sanity check failed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)

I pulled the card and sucked up whatever was inside the case.

I also had to remove the FXO card, as the card I need to RMA was a TDM22B. They want the entire original card back, no modules missing.

The spare was (and I guess now is again) at TDM20B. This is the one, bought directly from Digium that has all the green lights on. Well, usually. Right now, I can’t get it to work no matter how many times I reboot. :confused:

I’m still working on it.

I tried moving the cards to other PCI slots, no luck.

I plugged other PCI cards (Ethernet) into the same slots, they get power.

Also, the FXO modules on both the new and old TDM400P are always detected and initialized just fine. Likewise, “lspci -lv” shows the TDM400P.

The new card has already been shipped back. The “old” card (old by 10 days) came directly from Digium. I’ve requested an RMA on it too.

What troubles me is that in both cases, the FXS modules didn’t work (or, eventually didn’t work; in one case, it worked on some boots, not others.) I’d like to explain it. If I’m causing this, I’d like to know so I stop it
:smile:

I gave up and shut everything down last night. This morning, ~12 hours later, I fire up the system and the TDM20B works perfectly.

The machine is off again, I have to be at a different site. I’ll try again later on. I’ll also try rebooting several more times as well as power cycles to feel comfortable that the modules can be relied on.

Why would leaving the workstation off over night “fix” anything?

[quote=“BostonDriver”]The new card is being RMA’ed.

I noticed one thing that others my have thoughts on. This workstation uses GRUB to boot.

Using the card that works, when I boot FreeBSD 6.1 and zaptel is loaded, I see “ProSLIC sanity check failed”. I do not get this message on SuSE 10.2.

Specifically:

Freshmaker version: 73 Freshmaker passed register test Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode) ProSLIC sanity check failed Module 3: Not installed Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules) [/quote]

BSD drivers are linux ports that the community has done. Possibly why it gives this sanity check on BSD and not Linux.

You said on some reboots the modules are detected and on others they aren’t what does dmesg say when they don’t work?

Nothing shows up in dmesg. There is no attempt by SuSE 10.2 to automatically load the drivers. When things work, everything loads automagically. This is a stock 10.2 install with no modifications/updates as of yet.

When I do a modprobe wctdm, I’m told only “Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I”. ztcfg -vv says that it can’t read the config for the 1st channel.

Sounds like what I suspected. The device nodes aren’t being created fast enough which is common with udev. Wait a minute or so and then run “ztcfg -vv” again and then it should give output and show in dmesg.