Can Asterisk/Trixbox record recordings as a Mp3

Hi Guys. I am new to Trixbox and recently installed for the 1st time with a new office, Instead of moving my Samsung Officeserv 500 I decided to use Trixbox. Because of the launch of Australia DNC (Do not call) list I am now forced to record 100% of incomming and outgoing calls and keep for a minimum of 6 years. As I am a outbound callcenter I make 1000’s of calls per day.

I have 3 questions…

1. Can I have Trixbox record in Mp3 format instead of wav files. Preferably in 8 or 16 kbs rate. For so many calls in my part I require storing of recordings to be space effective.

2. Can the naming of the recorded files be different to the default naming. It is important that the file is named with the initial Phone number called or received (With caller Id.) Plus date and Time.

3. If Names cannot be changed in the recording files. Is there some script in the system, that would allow me to reverse engineer the recording to the data on internal asterisk billing…

Obviously this feedback is important to myself and a lot of other people facing the same problem. I am grateful for any help in these questions.
I have looked and cannot find any answer…

Thanks Again…