Calling a number with attached code?

Hi,
I don’t know if this is really possible or not, but I’d need to know if this is possible, and how to implement it.

I need to call a telephone number to say yes to a poll, and another one to say no to that poll.
I thought this would be good if done not with two different trunks, but using a unique trunk and sending it a code attached.
Example:
the trunk number could be: 000198765432
to say yes call: 0001987654321 (I’ve added a 1 at the number)
to say no call: 0001987654320 (I’ve added a 0 at the number)

Or, if it could be done via something like 000198765432#1

But I’m completely clueless about this.

Anyone who could give me a direction?

That’s the real meaning of Direct In Dialing. In any case, it is a question for service providers.

From the Asterisk point of view, the trunk will select a context and the forwarded digits (which might be the whole number) will select an extension.

[quote=“david55”]That’s the real meaning of Direct In Dialing. In any case, it is a question for service providers.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response.

You mean I should ask the service provider first? I can’t do it by my own?

The service provider has to allocate you a block of numbers and arrange to pass some of the least significant part of the number.

Otherewise, what you would have to do would have to be a normal IVR application, which means the caller would need to wait till you were ready before dialing the last digit.

NB. whether you use DID or have two completely separate accounts, service providers will not like it if you do not answer the call, so as to make it chargeable.