Call Screening Via Voice Message?

Friends, have worked with 3CX, so I’m not 100% new to the PBX world.

Just wondering if Asterisk is capable of “Call Screening” via a voice prompt for a name, then a call?

Can a caller, call in, leave her/his name, then have Asterisk call another number for verification of the name before accepting the call?

Yes – but you get to code it. This may help.

okay… better pull up my sleeves… If you find more resources, I’d like to know and thank you!

There is a screening mode available in Asterisk.
Look at Dial parameter “p” or “P”.
That’s basically all you have to set :wink:

You then have to look at the screening status in dial plan:
If you get DIALSTATUS value “DONTCALL” you might want to send the caller to a mailbox or play an announcement.

Example:

exten =>  yourexten,1,Dial(SIP/1234,30,rP)
same => n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "TORTURE"]?Playback(music/rickroll.mp3))  ;; Called party wants to torture the caller
same => n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "DONTCALL"]?Voicemail(yourexten,su))      ;; Called party was reached but told us to not accept this call
same => n,Voicemail(yourexten,su)
same => n,Hangup(${HANGUPCAUSE})

As a note: If you use the uppercase P, you should make sure that anonymous calls with no callerid available have this information correctly set, since Asterisk might remember anonymous callers wrong.
In most cases, these information are set correctly, but if you alter incoming callerids, you should test this case.

1 Like

Oh, that’s very cool.!! Have to ask some more questions here, but thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.