Call monitoring

How can I monitor ALL calls FROM extension 1000. :unamused:

No suggestions :question:

Or isnā€™t it possible ?

Hi

Could you expand the question. DO you mean record? , or listen to ? or check cdrs?

Ian

[quote=ā€œianplainā€]Hi

Could you expand the question. DO you mean record? , or listen to ? or check cdrs?

Ian[/quote]

I want to record all calls initiated by extension 1000.

Hi

Ok, If this vanilla asterisk? or using some kind of prepackaged dilaplan.

basicly you need to adjust your dialplan to add mixmonitor into the dialplan

Ian

[quote=ā€œianplainā€]Hi

Ok, If this vanilla asterisk? or using some kind of prepackaged dilaplan.

basicly you need to adjust your dialplan to add mixmonitor into the dialplan

Ian[/quote]

@ianplain.

tnx.

It is vanilla asterisk 1.6.x
Iā€™m already using mixmonitor in my dial plan.

f.e:
exten => 1000,1,Macro(monitor,00234802304xxxx)
exten => 1000,n,Playback(connecting)
exten => 1000,n,Dial(SIP/intervoip-out/00234802304)
exten => 1000,n,Hangup()

but in this way, calls TO 1000 are monitored.

I want all calls initiated FROM 1000 to be recorded.

Hi

You need to set a variable in the conf for ex 1000 and then in the outbound macro have a gotoif checking to see if the variable is set and if it is send the recoring bit and if not carry on as normal

Ian

[quote=ā€œianplainā€]Hi
ā€¦ and then in the outbound macro have a gotoif checking to see if the variable is set and if it is send the recoring bit and if not carry on as normal
Ian[/quote]

@ianplain

Yes, that could be a way to do it, butā€¦I have a lot of outbound routes and a ā€˜lotā€™ of extensions. This will be difficult, if I have to monitor ALL calls from 1000. :confused:

I donā€™t know much about the call flows when an extension (f.e. 1000) initiates a call. But I can imagine that asterisk looks in sip.conf for extension 1000 to find the settings for that extension. Canā€™t I put something (?) in sip.conf for extensions 1000 to initiate a script that will starts the mixmontor?

Or am I going the wrong way with my thoughts ?

Put extension 1000 in its own special context and have that do whatever is necessary before invoking the normal context.

In general, though, if you have large numbers of dialplan rules for outgoing destinations, you should use macros (1.4) or subroutines (1.6), so that you can easily change the behaviour for all of them.

Hi

you use setvar in the sip.conf

for example setvar=record=yes

then in the macro you just do a gotoif as I described. This is trivial coding and very flexible. pretty much 4 or 4 extra lines and i addional line in the users sip.conf

Of course I have assued that you are usig a macro for outdialing and not hardcoding each dial route

Ian

[quote=ā€œianplainā€]Hi

you use setvar in the sip.conf

for example setvar=record=yes

then in the macro you just do a gotoif as I described. This is trivial coding and very flexible. pretty much 4 or 4 extra lines and i addional line in the users sip.conf

Of course I have assued that you are usig a macro for outdialing and not hardcoding each dial route

Ian[/quote]

Iā€™ve hard-coded each dial route (and each extension) at the moment. :unamused:

Hi

Well, now you see the advantage of Macros :smile:

Seriously though hardcoding is fine for a coulple of routes or extensions but once you want to do more complicated things using a macro makes sense

Ian

[quote=ā€œianplainā€]Hi

Well, now you see the advantage of Macros :smile:

Seriously though hardcoding is fine for a coulple of routes or extensions but once you want to do more complicated things using a macro makes sense

Ian[/quote]

You are right. :smile:

But anyhow, I got enough information to continue.

Tnx.