maxretries: 1
retrytime: 300
waittime: 45
context: alarm
extension: s
Priority: 1

in extensions i have added

[alarm]
Exten => s, 1,SIPAddHeader (Call-Info:; answer-after=0)
Exten => s, n,Dial(SIP/901,A(hello-world)gS(1))

this works, but calls the extension 777. as soon as that extension picks up the tannoy message (hello-world) is played

is there anyway of not ringing an extension but just putting the call straight to Sip/901

• i have tried amending my call file to

channel: SIP/901@Internal
callerID: "alarm"
maxretries: 1
retrytime: 300
waittime: 45
context: alarm
extension: s

but that just dials 901 which you still need to answer to continue the tannoy message

if that makes sense!?

I’m surprised those work. internal would have to be a “trunk” in sip.conf for them to work.

Generally the answer is to use a local channel on the channel side, if you want to originate with anything other than default settings.

[quote=“david55”]I’m surprised those work. internal would have to be a “trunk” in sip.conf for them to work.

Generally the answer is to use a local channel on the channel side, if you want to originate with anything other than default settings.[/quote]

i cant see Internal mentioned anywhere within my sip.conf

sorry i dont get what you mean “use local channel”

do you mean try an use a zap channel or something?

channel: SIP/777@[color=#FF0000]Internal[/color]

has to be a sip.conf section name or a domain name.

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … l+channels

as i say, Internal is not in my sip.conf, so it must be voodoo or black magic how our server is still working - i can upload my sip.conf if you want to check

it still doesn’t help with how i can dial out from a call file…

See the link.

Maybe 1.4.7 is ignoring the @internal entirely, because it has a sip.conf match on the 777. Either way, the SIP channel driver has no concept of extensions or contexts, even if you happen to have made your device names the same as your extension numbers.

Incidentally, that is an obsolete sub-version of an obsolete version of Asterisk. I think the end of life 1.4 version was more like 1.4.44, but all 1.4 versions are now in unsupported status.

[quote=“david55”]Maybe 1.4.7 is ignoring the @internal entirely, because it has a sip.conf match on the 777. Either way, the SIP channel driver has no concept of extensions or contexts, even if you happen to have made your device names the same as your extension numbers.
[/quote]

it reads the @internal as if i change that to @somethingelse or @alarm (a real context) the call fails with the error

[code]no such extension/ context 777@alarm creating local channel
unable to request channel local/777@alarm
cdr failed initialization on unknown

[/code]

sorry if it sounded rude with my earlier response!

For some reason, it is reading SIP as though it were Local. I don’t know if that is a feature or a bug.

have you got any ideas on how i could get the call to work without an extension ringing?

im getting desperado!

many thanks

I’ve already said, use a local channel and send the header and then Dial the number in the local channel. I can’t guarantee that the phone won’t ring before it answers - the handling of that header, and whether the header will even work, depends on the phone. There is no official SIP standard for this.

sorry to be honest i dont really understand

at the moment, i have it working (albeit dialling an extension by using channel: local/777@Internal

777 is an extension an is what rings when the call file is used.

i have just created a context an added in sip a config for a phone that doesn’t exist

the call failed

here is what i used

channel: local/987@test

can you “set” a header within a call file?

someone asked me to try this

Channel: SIP/901@internal
callerid: 777
MaxRetries: 5
Retrytime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: Alarm
Extension: s
Set: __SIPADDHEADER=Call-Info:\;answer-after=0

[alarm]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(Hello-World)
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

but the header doesnt seem to be being passed through, i wonder if its a syntax issue?