Call handoff from one Asterisk server to another = dead air?

Hello,

One Asterisk server makes an auto phone call, and when somebody picks up, it transfers to 54321@65.xx.xx.xx (IP)

Once the call goes into 54321, it goes into a queue where agents are waiting to take the call.

Agents complain about the call getting through to them, they answer, but they can’t hear anyone on the other end.
Does this mean that when the caller is enroute to the agent, and the caller decides to hangup the call still makes it through to the agent and henceforth causes deadair?

extensions.conf on the queue-hosting Asterisk:

exten => 54321,1,Set(_ORIGINAL_CID=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 54321,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=“Payment maker”)
exten => 54321,n,Goto(collections,200,1)

exten=> 200,1,Answer
exten=> 200,n,Ringing
exten=> 200,n,Wait(2)
exten=> 200,n,Queue(collections,tT,30,)
exten=> 200,n,Voicemail(200,u)
exten=> 200,n,Hangup

What could be going wrong?
Is it the call handoff going wrong, or people simply hanging up and Asterisk not effectively killing the ‘dead’ call and still relaying it to an agent?

Thanks.

Hi,

We had a similar problem where the agents would answer the phone and know one was there, dial tone or congestion tone. In our case I have solved it by doing three things;

1. Hang-up detection - Asked the Telco to enable polarity reversal on all lines
    and modified the POLARITY_DEBOUNCE in the source code
  2. Modified the DEFAULT_RING_DEBOUNCE
  3. Hung-up faxes arriving to our voice lines; exten => fax,1,Hangup()

But why does this happen?
And is that the only way to fix it? How can I be sure that this is the reason of all these deadairs.

We get 2 out of 10 calls to be deadairs. And have no idea what to do. Some of these people owe money to different companies, so to get them on-line itself is a feat, lol and then to lose them! So currently, to maximize we make the agents callback the number.

I also know this isn’t a NAT issue although the clients are behind sonicwall and everything works out fine. They use eyeBeam. However, from what I know if NAT isn’t forwarded properly, then a lot more calls or all of the calls should have deadair, no?

Thanks bwilks.

Two things that really helped me alot was;

1. Record all inbound call and asked the users to email me with the time of dead calls/ problem calls.
  2. Enable debugging in the logger.conf and matched up the problem calls with the logs to see what was going on.

[quote=“bwilks”]1. Hang-up detection - Asked the Telco to enable polarity reversal on all lines
and modified the POLARITY_DEBOUNCE in the source code
2. Modified the DEFAULT_RING_DEBOUNCE
3. Hung-up faxes arriving to our voice lines; exten => fax,1,Hangup()[/quote]

We use only VoIP and about 3-4 providers so I’m not sure I can request for the same?