Call Failed - All * Commands

I am unable to use any Asterisk command that uses the *, such as *78 for DND. Any time I use a * command, the phone reports back “Call Failed.” Turning verbosity up in Asterisk doesn’t show any log entry.

I gave my crystal away…:

forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=4208

Thank you for the guidance.

I am using Asterisk 1.2.5 on CentOS running entirely on a NATed network (i.e., no external visibility). All IP addresses are in the 192.168 range.

I do not have anything in my dialplan that guides Asterisk on how to handle * commands. I am not clear on whether the sip phone itself or Asterisk is supposed to trap and handle the * commands. Below is a sample entry from my sip.conf, if that is helpful:

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = local
; disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw
allow = g729

[9765]
callerid="User" <555-555-5555>
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=mysecret
mailbox=5555

Thank you.

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = local
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw

[9765]
callerid=“User” <555-555-5555>
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=mysecret
mailbox=5555

I put back in “disallow all” - cuz when not set explicitly, it allows all anyway. But i doubt you have G.729, since its not a part of asterisk (licence).

Try to avoid the local context (long story, buggy).
Rename it to “internal” and change all confs according.

Then see your friendly
FEATURES.CONF

i guess you want to remove a few remarks… :smile: (aka Enabling the *-functions you need)

I appreciate your help.

So did the features.conf solve your problem ?

Richard.

I don’t think that features.conf helped me out. I’m still trying to figure it out. Features.conf only contains some apparently no longer used call parking instructions. I have a suspicion that the consultant I used to install my system started with barebones .conf files, but I’m still not sure.

My instinct now is to try to re-configure my * from scratch using FreePBX or some other pre-built set of configurations that gives me a better starting foundation. I just need a platform from which to customize my * that looks similar to what other folks out there are using.

Thanks.