Call Center Queue Member Issues

Hello All,

I have a call center with about 100 sales reps. Here’s the setup…

Server
2 Quad Core Xeon 2.66
16gb Ram
100gb SAS Raid 1 for OS and App
200GB iSCSI over GB copper for recordings and voicemails
6 Bonded T1’s for Dedicated Internet
SIP Connection Service Provider
TCE400B g729 Transcoder Card
Asterisk 1.8
Centos 5.8

Sales Rep Queue Configuration:
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
announce-position=no
autofill=yes
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=yes
leavewhenempty=no
maxlen=0
memberdelay=0
monitor-type=mixmonitor
monitor-format=gsm
penaltymemberslimit=0
periodic-announce-frequency=0
queue-callswaiting=silence/1
queue-thereare=silence/1
queue-youarenext=silence/1
reportholdtime=no
retry=5
ringinuse=no
servicelevel=45
strategy=ringall
timeout=15
timeoutpriority=app
timeoutrestart=no
weight=0
wrapuptime=0
member=SIP/{device},0,{name} (same for all reps)

The reps are using eyebeam on Windows 7 Pro, and either analog, bluetooth, or USB headsets. If you’re cringing now, I’m sorry. I didn’t choose this solution, when I acquired this setup they were using Jitsi, which was even worse…

We are having issues constantly with the Reps. Most of the issues are related to either the headset or the softphone. Those are not part of this discussion… However there is 1 issue that’s concerning to me that I would like people’s opinion on…

A few times per day (and getting worse). Reps will claim that they receive a call, when they answer it, there is 1 way audio, and either their second line will be ringing with the same caller id, or the rep sitting next to them will be on the same call, again having 1 way audio issue. The problem is very sparatic.

I have already purchased an interactive intelegence device to prove to the owner that the softphones need to go, but I would like to hear everyones opinion on this issue. I certainly don’t need to ask the owner to spend the kind of money I’m going to ask him to spend, just to have it back fire on me because there is an issue inside of asterisk. The general feeling on the floor is that since we have the queue setup to ringall that the calls may be getting connected to multiple reps at the same time because they answer the call at the same time…

Thanks!
Greg

Is there any reason why you need to use ringall?

that is just the way our sales manager wants it done. His thinking is that the more ambitious salesman that are ready and waiting for a call and will answer immediately should get the call vs the lazy/laid back sales person that is not quick enough on the draw.

Some of this could be due to the nature of SIP. When a phone sends 200 OK, the outgoing leg must be completely set up before it can be torn down. If any SIP packets are lost, that could take some seconds. Similarly, if a CANCEL for a call that is not yet answered gets lost, it may take a little time before the call stops ringing.