Calea

I haven’t been able to find much on this subject.

I work for a carrier in NYC. We are using an Asterisk to backend our Nextone MSx (provide features, IP Centrix, VM, ect) and now we are facing the problem of Calea.

From what I read about Calea it seems that Asterisk is capable of doing all the requirements to be Calea compliant, but i’m not 100% sure of this.

Has anyone tackled this yet? Going out and purchasing a Calea solution from a company like SS8, Verient, Verisign is VERY expensive (will probably cost just as much as we put into the network already).

I recieved a newsletter from Netequalizer a week or two ago that addressed CALEA compliance and they say their bandwidth shaping product will be compliant by the deadline. I’m not sure if just buying a netequalizer will do the trick, though. If you’re interested, here’s the link to the CALEA FAQ on their site: netequalizer.com/caleafaq.php

I’m still not sure I know exactly what CALEA is requiring, but I saw this about netequalizer’s solution last week – biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070518/nef007.html?.v=7.