BUG in asterisk-1.8.0?

Hi :frowning: I’m sad because i upgrade from 1.4.x to the lasted version
My system is running:
asterisk-1.8.0
asterisk-addons-1.6.2.2
I AM ABLE TO PLAY FILES USING Background() applicattion but, when i execute something to MusicOnHold()
I can’t hear anything!!!

I have a PBX running asterisk-1.4.x and is workinf perfectly!!! But i thing is time to update but, what happen in asterisk-1.8.0??? It is suppous to be a better and bug fixed :frowning:

Older versions are working better that 1.8.0… i want to upgrade to asterisk-1.8.0 because it have support for more telephony hadwares

How to fix that BUG? Problem,etc…

I highly doubt its a bug because its working on my 1.8.0 installation. My bet is on a misconfiguration of your Music On Hold files.

What’s in your Music On Hold directory? Found at “/var/lib/asterisk/moh/” on Red Hat/CentOS variants. Mine has .wav files.

Post your musiconhold.conf file.

Thanks Nathan, i found the solution.
The problem was in the configuration: I has this:

exten=>4,1,MusicOnHold(default,)

and the correct configuration is this:

exten=>4,1,Answer
exten=>4,2,MusicOnHold(default,)

I don’t know why, but in asterisk-1.8.0 I have to write first the Answer() string before the MusicOnHold(default,)
:wink: But thanks anyway :smiley:

Thats what I showed you in the sample I posted last week in this thread http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=76267

; music on hold exten => 4444,1,Answer exten => 4444,n,MusiconHold(default)

I’m glad it was a configuration problem and not a bug. I haven’t updated to 1.8 yet, but hope to soon and obviously would like to avoid any issues.

[quote=“gnu”]Thanks Nathan, i found the solution.
The problem was in the configuration: I has this:

exten=>4,1,MusicOnHold(default,)

and the correct configuration is this:

exten=>4,1,Answer
exten=>4,2,MusicOnHold(default,)[/quote]

A shortcut for your MusicOnHold application. While its correct in its syntax, there’s no reason for the trailing comma because you’re not defining a duration. Also, if you haven’t messed with the musiconhold.conf then MusicOnHold(default) is the same as MusicOnHold().

mazzic: Waco, TX? I was raised in Stephenville. :mrgreen: