Bug in 1.2.12.1

If you’re running FreeBSD with * and decide to use the new port to upgrade, think twice. There’s some kind of bug in the new version that whacked my * box out of service.

I see this error on the CLI monitor

Oct 9 10:36:07 WARNING[13815]: translate.c:88 powerof: Powerof 0: No power??
Oct 9 10:36:07 WARNING[13815]: translate.c:88 powerof: Powerof 0: No
power??
Oct 9 10:36:07 WARNING[13815]: translate.c:133
ast_translator_build_path: No translator path from gsm to unknown

Outgoing calls seem to be okay. Incoming calls recieve no audio even though the CLI shows the gsm’s to be playing. I deinstalled * 1.2.12.1 and copied over to old port directory and reinstalled * 1.2.9.1 but the results were the same…I’m no programmer so I haven’t the foggiest clue as to what to do next except fire up my old server that runs 1.2.9.1 and was not upgraded. It’s working fine.

After trying about everything there is to try, I backed up my server and blew the drives away with a fresh install of FreeBSD-6.1. I then updated the ports collection and reinstalled * and all it’s dependencies. The error messages still fly by on the CLI and fill up the log file but at least I’m back in business as incoming calls now have audio.

Can anyone shed some light on the error messages?

I am experiencing the same problem with the latest port.
Have you submit a bug report?

[quote=“maxfiles”]After trying about everything there is to try, I backed up my server and blew the drives away with a fresh install of FreeBSD-6.1. I then updated the ports collection and reinstalled * and all it’s dependencies. The error messages still fly by on the CLI and fill up the log file but at least I’m back in business as incoming calls now have audio.

Can anyone shed some light on the error messages?

.[/quote]
I built today (using ports) 1.2.13, and it’s alright.

drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 21 03:22 zaptel-1.0_1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 21 02:26 pwlib-1.10.1_2,1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 21 03:22 libpri-1.2.3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 21 03:22 spandsp-0.0.2.p26
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 21 03:22 openh323-1.18.0_2

:smile:

Okay, no Powerof warning messages anymore, but that is now replaced with no sound instead :wink:

That’s exactly what happened to me. The solution as I understand it is to rebuild everything which using the port does not do. So you will have to deinstall and then reinstall:

libpri
zaptel
bison
pwlib
curl
etc…I can’t remember the whole list.

The only way I got mine to work again was to blow away the whole drive and reinstalled FreeBSD. I then updated the ports and rebuilt *. It added all the dependencies it needed. Once I got a clean install of * the new version started working again with audio…everything.