Bridge_softmix.c Failed to open timer for softmix bridge

Running Asterisk 11.20.0 on Centos.

Getting this error when I call a paging group extension.

Failed to open timer for softmix bridge

-- Executing [s@PAGING_GROUP:19] Page("SIP/customer-proxy-000001c5", "SIP/xtest_950_000@xtest.voip.snohio.net&SIP/xtest_951_000@xtest.voip.snohio.net,q") in new stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called xtest_950_000@xtest.voip.snohio.net
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called xtest_951_000@xtest.voip.snohio.net
[Dec 10 15:18:06] WARNING[9991][C-0000016e]: bridge_softmix.c:351 softmix_bridge_create: Failed to open timer for softmix bridge
[Dec 10 15:18:06] ERROR[9991][C-0000016e]: app_confbridge.c:1201 join_conference_bridge: Conference '1478251247' mixing bridge could not be created.
  == Spawn extension (PAGING_GROUP, s, 19) exited non-zero on 'SIP/customer-proxy-000001c5'

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

ConfBridge requires a timing module to be loaded and it is used by Page. If one isn’t loaded, then it won’t work. They begin with res_timing_

1 Like

dev-media1*CLI> module show like res_tim
Module Description Use Count
res_timing_dahdi.so DAHDI Timing Interface 0
1 modules loaded

I opened modules.conf, and in there I found:

[modules]
autoload=no

load => res_timing_dahdi.so

Does this mean it’s loaded, what else am I missing?

This is what I get when I try to load the module:

dev-media1*CLI> module load res_timing_dahdi
Unable to load module res_timing_dahdi
Command ‘module load res_timing_dahdi’ failed.

Do you have DAHDI. Modern systems which don’t have PCI circuit switched cards don’t need DAHDI.

You don’t need those dahdi timing modules, try

res_timing_pthread.so
res_timing_timerfd.so
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Timing+Interfaces

1 Like

Loading the modules worked, however my co-worker said the server got slower.
Not sure if that’s the reason why, but wonder if that has something to do with it.

But anyhow, my question now is why is it that I don’t get this error in another server (paging works), with the same Asterisk version, and being that these modules are not loaded?

You only need one of the timing modules, but the DAHDI one does require you also have DAHDI.

1 Like

Correct. Only need load => res_timing_timerfd.so. The other one seems to cause problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.